Hello and welcome, Girl Scouts, to “BE KIND. BE MINDFUL. BE OK.” This yoga resource is made especially with you in mind!
Today we are going to focus on relieving neck & shoulder stress.
In daily life right now, many of us are looking at screen more. We are staying indoors. We are feeling stress, anxiety and uncertainty. We are navigating a “new normal” with uncertainty of how long it will last. All of these things cause stress in our body and our nervous system.
What is the result of holding all this stress in our body? For many of us, it’s tension and pain in our neck, shoulders, and upper back. Let’s address that!
Today’s recorded video is one of my favorite stretches to help relieve tension in the neck and shoulders. Give it a try and see what you think!
Want a few more ideas?
Here’s one additional pose that helps invite balance, release, and comfort. This a great pose to do if you’ve been sitting for a while or you’ve noticed that your shoulders have been hunched forward. It helps invite length along your back, neck, and legs.
Legs Up the Wall
1. Begin lying down on your back, lying horizontal against a wall.
2. Inhale, bring your leg closest to the wall up the wall.
3. Exhale, use your arms to help turn your body to bring both legs up the wall.
4. Inhale, straighten your legs and flex your toes towards your shins.
5. Exhale, extend your arms to a “T” alongside your body.
7. When you are ready to come out of the pose, bend your knees and turn to one side.
Let us know what you think!
How’d today’s poses go for you? Do you have a theme you’d like to request? You can always send an email to email@example.com (this email comes to me, Miss Melissa, and Hannah from Girl Scouts Lakes and Pines).
Take good care of yourselves, Girl Scouts. I’ll talk to you next week!
– Miss Melissa